"Born of a fall is better to die".
Following a motion boundary addressed in 1736 Superior of Bourbon Island Council frnçois Garnier and Co., Joseph Hosts, son Augustine Panon is charged by the governor to measure and limit the course which is the intersection of two gullies also tributaries of the River Roches. Joseph Panon there had a fall and broke his arm at the edge of one of these gullies. The latter was then called the Arm Panon. Bras-Panon, was the name qu'hérita the new town created the 24 February 1882, signed by a decree of the President of the Republic, Jules GREVY. At that time, the city then counted 2 587 inhabitants.
Today, the strength of its few 11 000 citizens, Bras-Panon is enorgeuille to be a garden city, the leaf blades on mountaintops.
From year to year, the city modernized, by equipping new environmentally conscious structures, while maintaining a rural character that makes its charm.
Read more: Source www.braspanon.re